Sep 6, 2013
Tony Blackwell recently represented the AILA at the Waterwise Councils Forum.
He encouraged those attending to:
- Engage with landscape architects and developers to better understand what the implications are with regard to the proposed new significant reductions in ground water allocations.
- Consider allocating ground water licenses based on density not on area.
- Give more consideration as to what the impact of applying reduced license allocations will be on existing (water dependent) developments.
- Ensure new restrictions are applied uniformly to both new and existing developments.
- DoW to reconsider low priority/ranking of streetscapes in their new schedule.